PneumaPress® is an intermittent pneumatic compression system designed to increase the velocity of blood and decrease stasis within deep veins of patients with decreased mobility (whilst in hospital), therefore reducing the risk of DVT.
Air from the controller is delivered to the garments which, in the case of thigh, calf and boot styles, have 3 chambers. The air sequentially pressurises the chambers from 1st to 3rd chamber. This applies pressure to the legs and the veins within them, forcing blood up towards the heart.
Other features include:
- Manual operation: selectable time interval and pressure settings.
- Cycle time adjustable 24, 48 and 60 sec.
- Pressure range: Leg 35-45 mm/hg Foot 130mm/hg.
- 2 Channel pressure output allows 2 way Sequential Compression to garments (2 legs at same time)
- Provide Sequential, Gradient, Circumferential compression to the legs.
- Calf & Thigh garments have three chambers, foot garment has one.
- Breathable material for comfort.
- Easy to fit with simple connectors.
- Disposable, single patient use.
- Latex Free.
- May be used with FITLEGS™ Anti Embolism Stockings